WhatsApp launches a business app for small businesses
Well we have a great news for small business owner!
Whats app is launching Whats App Business — a free-to-download Android app for small businesses. This new app will make it easier for companies to connect with customers, and more convenient for around 1.3 billion users to chat with businesses that matter to them. Here’s how:
- Business Profiles: Help customers with useful information such as a business description, email or store addresses, and website.
- Messaging Tools: Save time with smart messaging tools — quick replies that provide fast answers to frequently asked questions, greeting messages that introduce customers to your business, and away messages that let them know you’re busy.
- Messaging Statistics: Review simple metrics like the number of messages read to see what’s working.
- WhatsApp Web: Send and receive messages with WhatsApp Business on your desktop.
- Account Type: People will know that they’re talking to a business because you will be listed as a Business Account. Over time, some businesses will have Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number.
You can continue using WhatsApp as usual — there’s no need to download anything new. And you will continue to have full control over the messages you receive, with the ability to block any number, including businesses, as well as report spam.
For those who use a business number and a personal one, both the WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger apps can be used on the same device and registered with your different numbers. WhatsApp Business is also compatible with WhatsApp Web, the app’s desktop web browser client.
“Over 80% of small businesses in India and Brazil say WhatsApp helps them both communicate with customers and grow their business today.”
And Whats App Business will make it easier for people to connect with them, and vice versa, in a fast and simple way.
Whats App Business is available today and free to download on Google Play though there’s no mention of an iOS release yet. Whats App Business is currently available in Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, the U.K. and the U.S. The app is rolling out around the world in the coming weeks. This is just the beginning!\
No wonder, the instant messaging service, which currently boasts of 200 Mn users in India, will be keen to roll out Whats App Business in India soon. Currently, the Whats App platform is used by many small businesses in India to convert clients and drive sales.
With BookMyShow and now even MakeMyTrip on its side, WhatsApp Business seems to be gearing up for a big play in business and ecommerce as well as monetizing its platform. How quickly is it adopted by smaller Indian businesses given the broken internet infrastructure in India and the fact that SMSes are still unable to surmount bandwidth problems, remains to be seen.
What do you think about this Whatsapp Business app?
Do you believe it will add more value to small businesses in India?
We would love to know your views in the comment section below.