How To Do Guest Blogging For Generating More Traffic
Guest blogging is considered to be one of the most under-utilized methods of attracting audiences to a website and generating traffic for business. But it’s actually quite interesting if you learn about all that you can do with this platform.
What Can You Do With Guest Blogging Platform?
- Divert countless potential visitors to your website
- Capture visitor’s emails to avoid waste of your efforts to draw traffic
- Earn high-quality backlinks to gain better ranking in search results
- Emerge as a reliable industry leader for your audiences
This might sound like a challenging task, but with a little planning and proper execution, you can get things to work in perfect order.
What Exactly Is Guest Blogging?
This is the process where you write and publish your blog post on someone else’s blogging platform with your name or your brand name mentioned in the blog post. The good thing about this platform is that it is bound to work for you, whatever industry you may belong to.
This process also gives you access to a line of blogs that take guest posts. Additionally, they also lead you to a spreadsheet to track your progress and track the number of people following your post.
How To Do Effective Guest Blogging?
Guest blogging, though sound like an easy process wouldn’t be easy if you are not on the right path.
- You need to locate the best sites for guest blogging. Getting targeted traffic to play the key role for your brand promotion is definitely not a piece of cake. You need to draw good traffic to your site. Getting the wrong readers wouldn’t help your brand. This is where it becomes very important to target the right blogs.
- You must focus on the usefulness and relevance of your brand. Doing some research about the concern points of your target audience helps to get the desired results.
- Choose the sites that have higher domain authority. These are high-quality sites that improve your search engine rankings greatly.
- Guest post SEO helps to build effective backlinks and high-quality backlinks help to boost your website’s ranking. A sites DA can be checked easily with Moz’s Open Site Explorer.
- You must also check a site’s social media engagement to learn about the kind of traffic the site attracts.
- Formulate your own email subscriber list so that your emails don’t land in the spam.
- An important factor to keep in mind is to have cordial relation with the writers, editors, and owners of the blog where you wish to publish your guest post. This also helps you to improve your own networking skills. Keep in touch with the concerned people through Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Know everything about the guest post platforms before you start posting for them. Be very particular about following their guidelines.
- Your content should be rich in information and it should be attractive to read. Do your research perfectly. Use appropriate pictures for your content.
- Giving a content upgrade to your readers gives them some idea about the topic you are dealing with.
- Don’t miss out on the landing page; submit your post in two versions (word doc and notepad forms).
- Revise or alter a substantial portion of your blog to send it to other bloggers. You surely cannot send the same content to all bloggers.
With these simple steps in mind, you will surely find the right blog platforms and attract the targeted audiences.
Do you use guest blogging as part of your online marketing strategy? What other things would you suggest for a business looking to increase their guest blogging success?
You are most welcome to our Facebook group if you want to enhance your knowledge on Digital Marketing.